A business center is available for your convenience, via the attached skybridge at the Omni Dallas Hotel.
Coat & Bag Check
GBTA will provided a coat and bag check for your convenience. Location and hours coming soon.
Laptops and other electronic items will not be accepted due to liability. Payment must be in cash.
Wireless Access / Wi-Fi
GBTA will provide wireless internet access in all areas including the Expo. More information will be provided to registered attendees.
Exhibiting and sponsor companies have the opportunity to book a business lounge.
Business Lounges Hours-
Sunday, August 13: 11:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Monday, August 14: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Tuesday, August 15: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Access to the Business Lounges will only be available through the Expo floor. Proper credentials are required.
Exhibitor Move-In and Access Hours
Exhibitor Move-In Hours:
Wednesday, August 9 - 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday, August 10 - 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday, August 11 - 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday, August 12 - 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Sunday, August 13 - 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Exhibitors may enter the Expo Floor with proper exhibitor badge credentials during the following days and times:
Sunday, August 13 - 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM
Monday, August 14 - 7:30 AM – 5:45 PM
Tuesday, August 15 - 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Education Sessions
- Broadcast Studio
- Podcast Booth
- Innovation Row
- GBTA Business Lounge Appointments
- Show Services Desks
- General Service Contractor/Electric
- AV Rentals
- Lead Retrieval
- Internet (SDCC)
- "Suitcasing"/soliciting is prohibited. Suitcasing is the act of soliciting business in the aisles of the Expo, public spaces in, around, and outside the convention center, in another company's booth, within indoor or outdoor public spaces in any convention hotel including the hotel lobbies, foyers, or walkways to the convention center (excluding the use of approved hospitality suites and business lounges). GBTA recognizes that suitcasing may also take the form of commercial activity conducted from a hotel guest room or hospitality suite, a restaurant, club, or any other public place of assembly. For the purposes of this policy, suitcasing violations may occur at venues other than the exhibitor's booth and at other events. Violations of this provision by an exhibitor, sponsor, non- exhibitor, or attendee will constitute a breach of contract and the violating attendee, exhibitor, sponsor, non-exhibitor or group will immediately cease and desist unauthorized activities. Attendee will remove any equipment or materials contained in the Expo or elsewhere and forfeit all payments to GBTA pursuant to this contract. Additional fees will be charged to the attendee for each violation, and a loss of priority points will occur. Additionally, attendee will be responsible for any damages to GBTA. You can find out more about GBTA’s suitcasing policy in the GBTA Convention 2023 Terms and Conditions.
2024 Expo Selection Center
Reserve your 2024 Expo space at the GBTA Expo Selection Center for the lowest rate and best location on the Expo floor.
Location and hours coming soon.
General Information & Services
Emergency Response Procedures
If you have an emergency at any time during move in, event day(s), or move out please contact KBHCCD Security Dispatch at 214-939-2940 or 2941 from a house phone, and KBHCCD Security Dispatch will call 911 and inform your Event Coordinator.
In the event of a life-threatening emergency at the KBHCCD, dial 9-1-1. Be sure to identify the nearest room number/name to expedite emergency services.
All attendees and event planners are encouraged to review the KBHCCD Safety Guide for more information about what to do during an emergency.
First Aid - Event Medical Services
GBTA offers a First Aid station that will be staffed during all official Convention hours:
Saturday, August 12
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday, August 13
7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Monday, August 14
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday, August 15
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Lost and Found
A lost and found location may be operated at Lessee’s discretion. Check with show management first when trying to recover lost items. You may also contact KBHCCD Security at (214) 939-2941. The KBHCCD does not store show materials so unclaimed items may be disposed of after move out.
Press registrations are allowed at the GBTA Convention 2023 but must be approved by GBTA. For press inquiries, please contact the GBTA Media Relations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
650 S. Griffin St.
Dallas, Texas 75202
Phone: (214) 939-2700
Security, Safety, & Health
While some COVID restrictions have been lifted, the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas (KBHCCD) is dedicated to upholding the highest cleaning procedures to ensure the safety and health of our visitors and staff. Our updated Cleaning Safety Protocols are available here.
Power Scooter Rentals
Mobility equipment such as Power Scooters, and Manual or Powered Wheelchairs can be rented from AABCO Ready Rentals.
Please see more information in the link here.
Hotels and Housing Information
Is GBTA working with a housing bureau for GBTA Convention 2023?
Yes, onPeak is the official housing provider for GBTA Convention 2023. No other companies or providers have authorization or permission from GBTA to serve as official providers and work with GBTA on housing arrangements, including room blocks.
Which hotels are Head Quarters?
Omni Dallas Hotel
555 S Lamar St
Dallas, TX 75202
Where can I find a list of the hotels and room rates?
Please visit Housing-Details for hotels.
Rates and hotel availability will be accessible via the housing reservations system once you complete your Convention registration.
Whom do I contact about housing?
Housing inquiries can be directed to email@example.com or by calling +1 800-789-2436 or + 1 312-527-7300. onPeak is the official housing provider for GBTA Convention 2023.
Where can I find more information on Sponsor and Exhibitor housing?
For more information on requesting a block of rooms as a Sponsor or Exhibitor please visit Housing-Details.
How do I change my hotel room if I don’t like it?
Please visit the Housing Desk located by Main Registration.
If you preferred hotel is sold out, how do i get on the waitlist?
If your preferred hotel(s) is sold out, you must first book a room at an available hotel and then select the waitlist option at your preferred hotels. You will not be able to waitlist yourself unless you have a confirmed reservation at an available hotel.
onPeak will contact you should room(s) become available at the waitlisted hotel(s). You may also call +1 800-789-2436 or +1 312-527-7300 for further assistance.
Can I join or renew onsite?
Yes, visit the Membership Desk in the Connect First Lounge in Expo. Find it on the floorplan here.
Can I join or renew online?
Already a member? Renew now at gbta.org/renew
Want to become a member? Join online at gbta.org/join
How much is membership?
Visit the GBTA Support Central area or gbta.org/join
Membership bundles and renewals can be purchased during the registration process.
Where do I locate my Member ID?
Prior to the event, please contact the GBTA Member Care team directly at +1 888-574-6447 or firstname.lastname@example.org for your Member ID.
How do I retrieve my password?
To retrieve your GBTA password, go to gbta.org/ssologin and select the “Forgot Your Password?” link on the left-hand side of the page (under the “Log In” button). Then type your email address in the space provided and select “Submit” to have your password sent via email. If the email address you have provided matches the one in our database, we will email your password to you. Please contact the GBTA Member Care team directly at +1 888-574-6447 or email@example.com if further assistance is needed.
Planning Tools & Apps
Access the Convention agenda, speaker details, Expo floor plan, news, photos, attendee messaging and more! More information will be sent to registered attendees prior to Convention 2023.
GBTA Convention participants may not organize or sponsor any activities that conflict with the official GBTA program or sponsored events during official convention hours. The scheduling of product presentations or hospitality activities during any GBTA official Convention events such as the Welcome Reception, Expo, Education Sessions, Main Stages, lunches, the GBTA Awareness 5K Run/Walk or any GBTA hosted event is strictly prohibited. Under no circumstances should sales or any other type of individual gatherings, take place during official GBTA Convention events that involve multiple buyers (Direct members/travel managers) from multiple companies. Our partners have made significant investments in specific parts of the GBTA Convention and we want all delegates to be able to enjoy this annual, one-of-a-kind experience without distraction. GBTA will have final approval on the allocation of any requested convention center space, hospitality suites or hotel space within the designated GBTA hotel blocks. Suites must be operated in good taste and may only be operated outside of official Convention and Expo activities. Loss of priority points, ejection from the Expo floor, and a minimum financial penalty of $2,500 can occur if any exhibitor, sponsor, member company or supplier company is found in violation of any rules.
"Suitcasing"/soliciting is prohibited. Suitcasing is the act of soliciting business in the aisles of the Expo, public spaces in, around, and outside the convention center, in another company's booth, within indoor or outdoor public spaces in any convention hotel including the hotel lobbies, foyers, or walkways to the convention center (excluding the use of approved hospitality suites and business lounges). GBTA recognizes that suitcasing may also take the form of commercial activity conducted from a hotel guest room or hospitality suite, a restaurant, club, or any other public place of assembly. For the purposes of this policy, suitcasing violations may occur at venues other than the exhibitor's booth and at other events. Violations of this provision by an exhibitor, sponsor, non- exhibitor, or attendee will constitute a breach of contract and the violating attendee, exhibitor, sponsor, non-exhibitor or group will immediately cease and desist unauthorized activities. Attendee will remove any equipment or materials contained in the Expo or elsewhere and forfeit all payments to GBTA pursuant to this contract. Additional fees will be charged to the attendee for each violation, and a loss of priority points will occur. Additionally, attendee will be responsible for any damages to GBTA. You can find out more about GBTA’s suitcasing policy in the GBTA Convention 2023 Terms and Conditions.
Find out what GBTA is doing about unauthorized company solicitations: https://www.gbta.org/soliciting
Is there an additional fee to attend the education sessions?
- No, admission to all education sessions is included in the full Convention registration
Can I register and reserve my "seat" in Education Sessions?
- You may save them in your planner but this does not guarantee a "seat" in the session.
What happens if the Education Session I want to attend fills up and reaches capacity?
- You may view on a screen in the designated viewing area and you will have access to the recording of the session after Convention concludes.
Where can I find further details about the agenda for Education Sessions?
- More information coming soon.
Which Certificate of Completion courses are offered at Convention?
Can I attend Advanced Principles and/or GLP Designation without a full Convention registration badge?
- Yes, you will be provided with a separate badge which will give you access to those courses only.
Will I receive any Global Travel Professional® (GTP) Recertification credits for attending GBTA Convention 2023?
- For participating in the Advanced Principles in Business Travel Management course, you will earn 14 Education credits.
- for participation in the GLP Designation Cohort, you will earn 20 Education credits.
- For full Convention registration, you will earn 12 GTP Recertification credits.
- Click here to learn more about the Global Travel Professional® (GTP) Certification and Recertification.
You must always wear your GBTA Convention badge to be admitted to GBTA Convention, Education Sessions, Expo, and Main Stages.
Badge Reprints: A fee of $95 will be charged for a single badge reprint. A maximum of one badge reprint is permitted for lost or misplaced badges. An additional reprint will be charged at the onsite registration rate.
Badge sharing, splitting, or reprints made outside of the official GBTA registration system are strictly prohibited. Any attendee found in violation of this policy will be removed from the Convention, and all badges will be revoked.
There will be a cancelation fee of 75% of the paid registration fee for cancellations received by June 30, 2023. No refunds for cancellation will be issued beginning on July 1, 2023. There are no refunds for the 5K Awareness Run/Walk, donations, or tickets to the welcome reception. Cancellation for GBTA Convention 2023 does not cancel membership dues paid during the registration process. GBTA charges a 4% service fee for credit card payments, a 3% fee for PayPal, and a $50 fee for any ACH/Wire payments. These fees are nonrefundable.
Canceling your registration will not automatically cancel your housing reservation; however, GBTA reserves the right to cancel the room(s). Room(s) will be canceled within 14 days if the room cancellation has not occurred. To cancel your hotel room(s), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. GBTA will not reimburse cancellation or no-show fees charged by the hotel.
Substitutions are permitted, and a fee of $95 will be charged for each paid substitution. After Monday, July 31, 2023, no substitutions will be allowed. Instructions will be sent to the substitute. The substitute must register as a new attendee by completing a new registration and securing housing. In some cases, the original registrant's registration category may differ from the substitute's registration category and may result in a price difference. No full or partial refunds will be issued on registration transfers. To initiate a Convention 2023 substitution or request a transfer of funds, please contact GBTA Registration Customer Service at email@example.com with the following information: Original Convention 2023 Registrant's name, Original Convention 2023 Registrant's email address, Original Convention 2023 Registrant's confirmation number, and the name and email address of the substitute. GBTA Registration Customer Service will respond with further instructions.
Corporate Travel Team Program
See Corporate Travel Team Program for information.
More information coming soon
Registration Customer Service (Cvent Call Center):
- GBTA Convention registration call center can be reached at +1 833-696-7547 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The call center hours of operations are 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday.
Can my friend or guest come to Convention?
- Registration is not available for friends or guests.
Can my child/children come to Convention?
- Registration is not available for children. No one under the age of 18 is allowed on the exhibit hall floor or loading dock during move-in and move-out. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
How do I get an attendee list?
- GBTA is the only provider of official attendee lists. Lists are not sold to or authorized by third parties.
- An attendee list is available for purchase to exhibitors only. Order forms are available in the Exhibitor Service Manual. In addition, a list of companies in attendance is available online here.
Can I attend the Expo only?
- We do not have an Expo only pass.
Can I attend Advanced Principles of Business Travel Management and/or Global Leadership Professional® (GLP) Designation without a full convention registration badge?
- Yes, you will be provided with a separate badge which will give you access to those courses only.
Do you have to register for the GBTA Convention to participate in the GBTA 5K Run/Walk?
- No, you do not have to register for Convention to participate in the 5K.
- Registration can be found at GBTA 5K Run/Walk as well as under the "Pre-Convention Only" option during the registration process.
- The GBTA 5K Run/Walk can be found as an optional item when selecting the "Full Convention" option during the registration process.
- You will be able to register individuals or groups for the GBTA 5K Run/Walk ONLY here.
I did not register for the GBTA 5K Run/Walk - can I still attend?
- Yes, registration will be available onsite at the race.
Can I purchase additional tickets for the Welcome Reception?
- Entry is included with your full Convention registration – note entry is not included with pre-Convention only event registrations. Additional tickets can be purchased via registration for a fee of $150 each. A max of two additional tickets may be purchased. Name badges and/or tickets must be presented to enter the event.
Parking at the Convention Center
GBTA will provide shuttle bus transportation to and from select hotels to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas. Please see the map on the Housing Details page to see which hotels have shuttle routes (designated by the white bus icon next to the hotel name). Route information and times coming soon.
Public transportation is readily available and convenient when attending an event at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas (KBHCCD). Amtrak and the Trinity Railway Express both service Dallas Union Station, which is located just 2 1/2 blocks northeast of the Convention Center.
Rideshare is an alternate way to explore Dallas. Need a ride from the airport? Look for the designated pickup area at the airport’s transportation plaza. And as a safety tip, always double check the vehicle’s license plate with your rideshare app before starting your ride.
Can I attend convention virtually?
We understand that some companies have yet to open up business travel for employees and that some members may not yet feel comfortable registering to attend in person. We are in the process of determining which elements of the Convention will be in-person only and which have a virtual component as well and will be updating members on this information as soon as we finalize these details.
What happens if we cannot meet in person because of COVID-19 restrictions?
In the event that the GBTA Convention 2023 transitions from a live event to a virtual or hybrid event due to COVID-19, your live event registration will be transferred to a virtual registration. In the event that a virtual program is offered, GBTA shall not be liable for lost information or non-availability of the services due to technical failures, acts of God, or routine maintenance. For more details, view our Terms and Conditions.